The Resurrection Tour hits Music City

I apologize for the late post.  I have sat down to write this feature NINE THOUSAND TIMES.  There have been holidays and festivities and babies to sit on..Wait, nevermind.  Also, its chemo week--so everythings feeling kind of off for us here.  Finally ,you live under a rock, you may not know.  BUT, Draven and I checked a few items off of our bucketlist last week when we got to meet BLACK VEIL BRIDES!

THE SET-UP

So, the show was at Marathon Music Works in Nashville, which is one of my favorite Venues.  For more details on that, as well as their official website - Click here to see my last concert post from MMW.  We arrived at the venue at about 3:15.  *Free Parking* So, that was a bonus over the last show. 

General Admission doors were to open at 5:30.  We entered around 4 and were given our VIP laminates, tote bags, and signed posters.  Then, quick AF VIP photos taken by the one and only Matt Yanni (Andy Black's bodyguard)



CROWN THE EMPIRE
This band, that I hadn't heard of, took the stage first--with interesting looking stage decor that I wish I could have gotten better pictures of.  Music wise, it was kind of screamo metalcore, much like Cross Your Fingers and Elmyra.  I didn't really care for them BUT, Draven and I had found the bartender in our VIP section and started ordering drinks.

Moscow Mules were on our menus that night.  I had mine....and hers, since she didn't really care for it....and another one before Black Veil Brides took the stage.

ASKING ALEXANDRIA
Other than the "Into the Fire"  MV that was released late last year, I hadn't listened to much AA. But, I had been introduced to Danny Worsnop from Bryan Starssss interviews, and Ben Bruce in American Satan.  I really enjoyed their set, they had fabulous lighting, stage risers and fog machines.  Nearing the end, their was an epic acoustic performance of a few songs that I enjoyed.

A shot that I got of the sold out crowd during Asking Alexandria's set.  There were a lot of crowd surfers out tonight, that was interesting to watch.


BLACK VEIL BRIDES
It was such a surreal feeling. Following this band for so long, having it be such a big part of my life...this felt like a big family reunion.  I shook their hands, and Andy hugged me.  I thought I was going to die.  But at the same time it wasn't like omg he's so hot (which, he is, but)  it was like seeing old friends.  As the show played on I sat side stage and I just remember feeling so proud of them.  Not to mention, blinded, since one I was directly across from one of the large stage lights and every time Andy and Ashley stepped backwards I was seeing blue light spots for a while.

My only bummer to their set was a couple I was hoping to hear.  I really wanted to hear either Goodbye Agony or Heart of Fire, as well as more of the new album, "Vale."  They did play "Wake Up" though, with an epic looking video playing in the background.  I got a lot of pictures of Jake and Jinxx since they stayed on the edges near our VIP section.

Overall, the show was absolutely fantastic.  Not to mention, something that I have been waiting for since the release of knives and pens.  I hope that I get to not only see them play live again, but also get to do some more meet n greets, because that just filled my black little heart entirely.  
I've said it a hundred times, and I will say it again.  Its an amazing feeling standing and shouting with 1,500 people who share your passion for the people on stage living their dreams <3 font="">
Thank you guys so much for tuning in again this week, it has been so long since I've posted something.  It's been a crazy week. 

Thank you, Kindergothlings.  I will try to return to a normal posting schedule, BUT I am in the early days of a new vampire novel, so also be on the lookout for some updates on that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog