Falling in Reverse+ @ Marathon Music Works (10.4.17)








THE SET-UP
Marathon Music Works is a pretty big place.  I guess the entirety of the old Marathon Motor Works car factory actually spans about 3 blocks.  We got there at 5:30 and got a nice spot in line on the 1st block (1402 Clinton St.)
Got into the building in about 15 minutes and then doors opened at 6.  Everyone obviously rushed to the front of the stage.  My crew had VIP “Tito’s Lounge Experience”  wristbands so we were seated in an area to the left above the stage.  There were about 10 bar tables, a Tito’s bar, private bathroom and A/C.  I know we’d probably get shit from “True fans” for not being down in the pit but, fuck it, it was awesome.


The radio was playing some Motionless in White, so I was in my little happy place. Looking around there were two additional bars on either side of the stage, as well as a smoking porch exit and a Tacos & Beer stand in the back.  So yeah, you could definitely get hammered if you tried.


We started off with 2 drinks for $20.  A cranberry vodka soda ($7), and one of the same with orange red bull in it ($11).


ELMYRA
The local Nashville metalcore band was the first to take the stage at 7pm.  A little later than the expected 6:45, but no biggie, as we were pretty comfortable hanging out. They were definitely Metalcore, while the music sounded great, he was a bit close to the mic and hard to hear.  After their set, I posted a few of these to instagram and very shortly got a like, comment & follow from the band. Very cool.  I found out later on while browsing their Insta, that a few of their videos had been shot by Julien Solomita.  For those of you that don’t watch Youtube, Julien is the boyfriend and ratchet salon guinea pig of Jenna Marbles.  Jenna not only creates her own hilarious content but also played “Eve” in the “Epic Rap Battles of History” video “Adam vs. Eve”


At this point, we were joined by a fellow fan who had gotten there a little late, just coming for Falling in Reverse.  She was awesome, and stayed and hung out with us the entire night. The way we oogled Ronnie Radke’s instagram and fangirled people probably thought we’d known

each other forever. Hopefully we will see her again at Black Veil Brides in February!



ALL THAT REMAINS
I hadn’t really heard of this band much either.  The only track I had seen was their fantastic cover of the country song “The Thunder Rolls.”  For awhile there it was #1 on the charts, beating The Relentless’ “Let Him Burn.”  I can’t say if that’s still the case because I haven’t looked at the charts in a while.  I was very happy that they played that song so there was something to sing along to.  Got a few decent pics of them, and will definitely be looking to get into their music more.   


After this set, I got a second drink, and checked my makeup, expecting to look pretty ratchet, but I was impressed.  2 sets in, and I was still on point-ish.  [[Actually, at the time of writing this, when I woke up this morning after making in through all 3 sets, eating Waffle House and then crashing and sleeping for 12 hours, my lipstick was STILL on.  so , MAJOR KUDOS to Tattoo Junkee’s lip kit in “Rebel” Red.  (I did line with black and brush with black shadow)


FALLING IN REVERSE
The crew started to set up around 9:15 and the band had taken the stage by 9:30. When Ronnie Radke came out, the sound in the place was deafening.  Mostly coming from the woman we had just met standing with us.  As the night went on, it seemed that us 3 were really the only ones in VIP getting into it. Granted, I didn’t focus on others too much, but we were were almost the ones ones standing, and definitely the only ones screaming and singing along.


He announced he wasn’t feeling great, and didn’t have much of a voice from the last few days of shows, but you couldn’t really tell much.


“I’m not a Vampire”  thankfully played first, one of my favorites.  He played a few newer songs I’m not too familiar with, along with “Bad Girls Club,” and “Raised by the Wolves.”  My sister was lucky, her favorite song is “The Drug in Me is You”  After we wrapped the first track, Ronnie walked back to the drummer, and said “let’s do that one again...only louder”  So she got to hear her favorite twice.  The rest of it was kind of a blur.  On the tracks I didn’t know, I just watched how he carried himself on stage.  It was a delight, he is so high energy that watching him you can’t help but be in a good mood.  Much more interactive, it seemed, than the openers, but that was to be expected, just knowing how Ronnie is. Him frequently yelling “Get the fuck up!” and “Bounce!”  It was just the best, and best about 20 feet away with the best seats in the house, made it even better!

When the show wrapped, which felt like all too soon, we walked down to the front of the stage to snap a few pics and the “obligatory blurry concert selfie” as BVB manager Dan Tsurif always puts it.


A little buzzed, and a lot tired.  We were both thinking….WAFFLE HOUSE. Specifially, food and coffee...so, naturally...Not being from the area, I cued it up on the GPS.  3 miles away, no problem, right?  Still fucking got lost with the GPS.  Didn’t know we’d have to get onto the interstate to go 3 freakin’ miles.  This time was brought to you by the following conversations:

Why are you going 40?”
…”Because I’m lost!”
“Well let me drive, I knew we’d get lost.”
…”We’re not fucking lost, I’m following the GPS.”


So, yeah.  Food.  We ordered...everything, literally xD  
She mocked me because I had never had waffle house waffles before.


We live about an hour and a half away from the venue, so pulled in at home right at 1:00AM and promptly crashed and went to bed :D


All-in-all… AMAZING! The pictures do not do justice to how great our seats were and how great they looked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog