Kawaii Thoughts


The year was 2009. Printed hair extensions were all the rage..ish.  It was the pinnacle of my scene queen days. My music of choice,  because it freaked people out, was a super out there album "it's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world" by a band called Blood on the Dance Floor...and not, Dolly Parton (who first used the title).

At the time, BOTDF had 3 members
I guess that first album release must have been the last time I had thought about them.  Later they released another album, and members started to come and go.  Before rediscovering them, BOTDF went through members Garrett Ecstasy, Jayy Vonn (who previously found me on Insta thought I admit I had no idea who he was at the time), and Matty M.  About a month ago,  I was sort of reintroduced to them when Dahvie Vanity,  the lead singer (@officialBOTDF)  had found me on Instagram. 


It kinda made my day once I realized it was legit and not a fan account,  like it usually is... I'm looking at you @Socialepose..screwing with my brain. Dahvie was starting to promote Kawaii Monster, the first album from BOTDF consisting of Dahvie and his fiancee, Fallon Vendetta so when the album launched on Spotify on Halloween, started listening to it on my drive home from work. 

Kawaii Monster is a 14 - Track album from Dark Fantasy Records.  If you're interested, you can find all of the tracks on Youtube & Spotify, and I'll put the link to get it from Amazon HERE.
This is a late post, but I really didn't care for this album.  I mean, "The Coffee Song"  is absolutely stuck in my head, though.  The lyrics are so stupid. "I would do some sketchy stuff for a hot delicious cup."
Yeah, It's definitely not the Frank Sinatra version.  

There was a pirate-themed tune that I did enjoy, "Yo Ho 2."  This was actually the first track that I got to hear off the album.  I had planned to listen to the whole album and do a full write up like I did with Marilyn Manson's "Heaven Upside Down."  But, I can't do it.  It's definitely not my cup of tea anymore.  The wacky sound effects on the tracks are kind of cool, but it isn't something that I can listen to on a daily basis and enjoy.

Like I said, I hate to say anything negative about albums, so I definitely understand if this bit is a flop.  But, I am so excited for December's theme of Death, etc, and I hope you guys enjoy some of the cool features coming. 

Thanks so much for everything so far, The Kindergoth Escapades has been around for nearly 4 months, and has gotten such an awesome response. 

See you all next week
-Miss Motionless


Comments

Popular posts from this blog