First thoughts on "Vale" from Black Veil Brides!

Good afternoon, Kindergothlings!  Sorry for the lack of posts this week, the days are really just flying by.  I’ve been waiting for this day for months.  Back in August when the 5th Black Veil Brides album was still somewhat of a Unicorn, and it was hard to find any kind of confirmation on it.  Fans on Twitter had bits and pieces of info, and tweets about the release date continually getting pushed back.  

Back in October, around the time that The Resurrection Tour tickets started going on sale, the album concept was released.  “Vale”  was going to be a continuation of Wretched & Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones.

At the beginning of the 2018, Andy started sharing sneak peaks of the “Wake Up” music video on his Instagram.  I was living for the outfits, of course adorned with tigers #GoBengals! And Andy’s new hair! Yaas. I love the red.

Like I said, Vale appears to be a continuation of Wretched and Divine, so we have the rebels and FEAR, and The Prophet storyline which creates a creepy AF intro.

The song itself is super catchy, and I don’t know how--but Andy looks younger and better than ever.  That face though..  And hey, if you ever wanted to picture Andy biersack in handcuffs….
Vocals on point as always.
Special appearance from Andy’s sister-in-law, Angie Simms as the computer hacker-girl.

The video absolutely leaves me hooked and wanting the story to continue. Like...what just happened?  Also, it will definitely get stuck in your head.  I have lost count of how many times I’ve watched this video since its release.  In 1 week, it has gotten over 2.1 million views.



“When They Call my Name” starts out kind of like “Homecoming King” from the Andy Black solo record.  Not a bad thing, just a bit of a different sound.  The lyrics are great as usual.

“My Vow” reminds me of Never Take It Off--the jewelry lines, as each artist has an empowering set of vows to pass on to their fans and loved ones.  This song is heavy, similar to songs like “Faithless” from their 4th album.

I had heard bits and pieces of “The Outsider” along the way, as it was the very first track released off the album way back in 2016.  The track starts off with a heavy intro, classic smooth AF Biersack vocals. This has become one of my favorites off of the album so far.

“Vale (This Is Where It Ends)”  Perfect ending to this album, it’s slower and triumphant-sounding. This is where it ends.

“Dead Man Walking (Overture II)” An eight minute long song o.O channelling Pink Floyd much, guys? Jinxx’x violin solo was absolutely amazing. It made both Weevip and I stop what we were doing to listen to it.

These were all I got around to writing something for.  I may go back in at a later date, when I’ve spent some more time with the album.  I actually have 2 copies coming.  One arrived yesterday that we got for free from ordering our Resurrection Tour tickets.  I also ordered an autographed copy that should be here soon.  

Hope you’ve enjoyed these little snippets.  Sort of my first impression of “Vale”  Black Veil Brides will hold a special place in my heart just….forever and alwasy, and I hope they continue to do great things.  So long to the fans who think that they haven’t really “done much” or those who tried to actively bash the release of Vale saying they have grown out of their “emo phase.”  Fuck off :)  
We are the BVB ARMY!
We are dirty and unclean, a congregation of the unseen
Together we will set this world on fire
This is the new religion

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog