You're Just A Dog - A look at Demi the Daredevil's "Sly Dog"

Source: Demithedaredevil.com
So this is something a bit different for you guys, a single track breakdown the week of its release
“Sly Dog” is the brand new single from Austin, TX Art Pop band, Demi the Daredevil.  

The specific genre “Art Pop” may throw some of you for a loop -- I know it did to me for a second. But, genres are like colors...while casual listeners, or aliens who dislike music, may identify simply rock, rap, and metal (if that much).  Enthusiasts see industrial, Bauhaus, Trash Pop, and that one brief moment Ronnie Radke was the lead singer of Escape the Fate...but, I digress.


An earlier version of Sly Dog was sent to me by its singer, Jeff Azar, ahead of its November 14th release date.  Naturally, I listened to it--a lot, as well as most of their recent tracks (which you can find on both Youtube & Spotify)
This track definitely brings out a sense of adventure, a bit of Bohemian Rhapsody.  I love it, as well as the bit of inner monologue/ arguing with yourself at the end.
Last week, "Sly Dog" was mixed & mastered by Sean O’ Keefe, who has produced tracks for The Plain White Ts, Fall Out Boy, and Motion City Soundtrack -- to name a few.


The lyrics of (not only this track, but their others as well) are very intelligent.  They are very real and thankfully, not hastily written over an overdone melody.  A lot of time and effort goes into their music and it absolutely shows.  Overall, I love it and I finally heard the finished version of the track, which is awesome..looking forward to a video for it.  Their songs are great to casually listen to, but better in a setting where you can really pay attention to the lyrics.  Hopefully they’ll be touring near me eventually so I can listen live.







Thanks so much for stopping by and staying til’ the end.  If you made it this far, drop me a comment on Instagram @Miz_Motionless. Thanks so much, Jeff Azar, for sharing your music with me.  I will see you all back here next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog