15 Names to Fuel Your Gothic Infant Furor

So...yeah, "Baby Fever,"......but for Goths..
And I will first note that I am in no way referring to a "Baby Hitler"
Furor - To paraphrase Google:  a public outbreak of excitement/craze
Führer - a ruthless, tyrannical leader. so umm... Hitler

Good afternoon, Kindergothlings.
I am lying here watching Ask A Mortician and something weird has flipped in my brain.  

A new baby has entered our lives.  Mi Madre has started looking after my Aunt’s newborn.  When I look at him I honestly want to cry.  He is the cutest thing.  Like, I’ve always liked babies, but seeing this baby physically hurts my soul xD


I know that sounds crazy, but I guess this is just like a quarter-life crisis when I realize babies are cute.

So, in my down time today while re-dying my hair, I was pinteresting, fueling my “baby fever” and compiling a small list of baby names that interest me:

  1. Matilda - brave in war, swedish..But, isn’t this the name of a horror movie.  Gotta put a pin in that one to come back to xD
  2. Margo, Greta - pearl.  I like both of these versions of Margaret.  They are super cute and actually moving to the top of my list.
  3. Evelina - light and life which reminds me of the lovely and talented Avelina De Moray.
  4. Magnus - “great”  I don’t have many masculine name ideas, I need to look into more of those.
  5. Astrid - beautiful goddess
  6. Ash...not at all inspired by Ashley Purdy, noooo.  But yeah, I love the name.
  7. Salem.  The motherland, so to speak. I don’t know what I’d pair this with, but I like it.
  8. Sparrow
  9. Lorelai - Might be a GG fan, #UngothConfessions.  Also, it sounds kind of old-fashioned which is cute. 
  10. Winter - Cute.  Since the name Summer is completely out of the question.  Not only completely ungoth but also reminding me of someone that I went to school with and NEVER got along with. Ew.
  11. Lennon - Not for John Lennon at all, but for a really good friend I had as a kid.  She just kind of disappeared and thinking of the name makes me want to look her up after all these years.
  12. Willow - Not only do I like this name, but it is also the name of Ronnie Radke’s daughter.
  13. Blair - I’m still on the fence about this one, only because I wouldn’t know what to pair it with.
  14. Lydia meaning “seller of purple dye,” Saint Lydia of Thyatira.  Of course, it also comes from the goth icon Winona Ryder’s portrayal of Lydia Deetz in the 1988 film Beetlejuice.
  15. Raven.  Raven, Raven, Raven...What teenage Goth did not have this name scrawled across notebooks,etc.  As of late, it feels so overdone in the alternative and norm cultures alike--not that it isn’t a really cute name though.

*BONUS* Lastly, here's a unique name, I think, that I’ve been rolling around in my head for about three years (Since I started watching “Supernatural”)  Castielle Grace - and of course, call her Cas - and NEVER cassie.  Ew.  

So there ya go guys.  Do any of these interest you, and  do you have any alternative baby names that inspire you?  Drop a comment below, or over at my Insta @Miz_Motionless.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog