New Resolutions!

Guten Morgen, Kindergothlings!  Rare, rare indeed: A Monday post!
 Wait, it is Monday...isn’t it? Oh the joys of working third shift.  I
t’s been a long day, and it’s only 1pm ..Also, its snowing! ugh!
Anyways...with almost a whole month of 2018 under our belts,
I’ve been thinking a lot about new resolutions.
 Screw dieting or saving money (we can’t take it with us to our new-age-y burial pods, can we?)
 Well, my resolution for 2018 is just to do more.  
More time taking care of myself, more time with my family, more cool awesome
shows and events in general....so that's what I'm gonna focus on today.

Today’s post is kind of a “bucketlist” of shows and events for the year.
 Some I won’t dare to miss, other's I know I'm not going to make but
want to include because I'd love to be there.

We're going to start off with one of my new favorite venues: Marathon Music Works.
 The place is HUGE and is some of what remains of the old Marathon Motor Works in Nashville.
The industrial-ness of it really adds to the vibe.
 Multiple bars and top notch VIP experience take the cake!
It has a few acts that make the list this year.  The main event though, is of course:
 Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria with Crown the Empire (I believe).  
February 13th! Happy Valentine’s Day to mee!
\


Then, on March 6th MMW is hosting Dropkick Murphys  -
I got into this band ages ago when my ex and I made a local
tattoo shop our second home, pretty much.  We overplayed “
Rose Tattoo,” and eventually he did end up with a rose tattoo with...
Green Day lyrics inside...Yeah, never my name...though we were cursed enough xD A
nyway, while it wuld be cool to see them live..I don't think I would pay $70+
to go down that Memory Lane.

Basically, these are all going to be in Nashville...
because that’s pretty much the extent of my travel.  Lexington & Louisville, KY are
in decent driving range and host plenty of shows but, the stress, pricing, and
traffic pretty much take all of those events out of the running.. For instance,
for the Elton John concert I mention at the end, the louisville tickets are
$30 higher than Nashville...wtf?


The only exception to this…..MOTIONLESS IN WHITE! These babess
.. They are going to be playing at the Manchester Music Hall in Lexington (March 11th).
 Ice Nine Kills, Chelsea Grin, and Every Time I Die are the opening acts.
Tickets for this show are actually super affordable, and I would definitely like to be there.
 If it weren’t so close to BVB, then Draven and I could probably be able to get off work for it.

So, Exit/In...in Nashville (March 30th):  AGENT ORANGE!
Man, I haven’t heard anything from this band in a long ass time.
 They’ve been around since 1979, but have apparently stayed pretty quiet lately.
 Now, I honestly don’t know ton about this band, but I’ve always heard about  them,
They’ll be playing with The Atom Age and Random Conflict.  
Tickets are only $15 so there’s a good chance I’ll be front-and-center for this one.  
Its one thing to shell out a ton of cash, but for tickets at this price..why not?
 Make some memories!  This was the case with Social Repose+ back in October.
Fall Out Boy & Machine Gun Kelly will be playing Nashville's Bridgestone Arena on Sept. 11

Lastly, Elton John is starting his farewell tour in September.  
He is doing two shows near me.  Hopefully my Mom and I can make it to the Nashville
date which is October 24th.  It would be cool just to say that you saw Elton John in concert
--bit of a legend.

So, there were just a few of the show's I've been looking at for 2018,
but if more pop up on the Kindergoth radar, I will definitely do an update :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog