Arctic Fox Hair Color...FINALLY! (+Updates)

So, first of all...being the only one in your house working night shift at any given time is a very lonely existence...like even on my days off..I stay up as long as I can to hang out with my family...and then I go to take a "nap" at like 4..hoping to wake up at 7.  Nope, I woke up at 1am and watched the movie "Storks"....with my cat.

Anyway, this is something that I've been wanting to do for about a year.  You all know how much I love colored hair.  For the past ten years, I had only been exposed to the brand Splat.  As a kid I had seen Manic Panic at Hot Topic but hadn't heard great things about it.

While working as a CSR last year, I met a girl who always had the most vibrant hair so I finally had to ask her secret:  ARCTIC FOX! 


 Long-Lasting Semi-Permanent Color
15% Donated to Stop Animal Cruelty
100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free
Non-GMO Plant Based Protein
Added Conditioner
Made In the USA

I ordered my 8oz AF hair color bottle on the 16th (Thursday) and it arrived Wednesday the 22nd.  I actually ordered it while I was standing in Hot Topic looking at how much they were over charging for it.  The official Arctic Fox site has their bottles for $7.99USD (4oz.) and $13.99 (8oz.) 

Hot Topic was selling only the 4oz. bottles for $12.50USD! Uhm, no.  I immediately ordered mine.  I ordered it from Amazon, which made it only $1 more than the official site, and was going to arrive much sooner.

As you may have heard if you've seen some other AF reviews, it absolutely does smell like grapes which was weirdly fascinating! I literally could smell it through the package.

The dye consistency is thicker than Splat which was welcoming, less messy running. This lead to less staining of the skin as well.  Thankful for this. Last time I dyed my hair, my cat slept on my head later that night and also ended up blue.

I didn't really time how long it took, or how long I let...marinate.  45min-1 hour, though.  No staining of the shower, or my skin to the level that Splat used to.

I was impressed with the vibrant color, annoyed that I did miss a spot or two of faded jade, but it blends in a lot better than if I had missed blonde roots.

Its so bright and pretty.  The photos don't do it justice, but that isn't stopping me from taking a ton of selfies.  If you'd like to try it out, which I highly recommend: you can click here to get your very own bottle!


UPDATES: So, even though this post went live today, I actually dyed it last Wednesday.  That being said, I am doing a complete re-dye today.  The color went green way too fast.  So, I believe the next time I order from AF I will either be doing the Poseidon blue or maybe going towards purple/red.  For some reason, the color didn't originally take to my roots well.  At Mid-week I did a roots re-attempt with absolutely no luck, so that's why I am re-dying today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog