Motionless in White's "Graveyard Shift" details & review

Good Morning, Kindergothlings.  

My drive home from work looked a bit like a scene from "Silent Hill," intermittent patches of crazy dense fog. Still curious as to where I work, take a look at my latest Insta post (@Miz_Motionless) for a hint.

Anyway, my mom is still super sick today, and not eating at all, which worries the hell out of me.  For those that haven't read yet on one of my social media sites, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last Thanksgiving, and has recently started her second round of chemo.  Looks like this round is going to keep her continually nauseous.  

Alright, dolls, on to the main event....as I eat my pop-tart.... :D 
Motionless in White!


 I'll be honest, I'm new to them.  2017 has been a crazy chain of musical exploration...behold a brief timeline/flowchart:


As of right now, I hope I haven't left any out, and I'm definitely going to be adding to it.  I am just so happy to be expanding our musical tastes.  I actually listened to both BVB and Fir in 2011 when their debut singles were viral, but for some reason let them fall by the wayside for a while.

Today I'll be talking about my current commute soundtrack, "Graveyard Shift."  This album was released back in early May, way before I discovered these gorgeous dolls.  Its the bands first album on the prestigious metal label, Roadrunner -- shared with the likes of metal legends, Slipknot and Korn.

  1. Rats
    1. Pretty NSFW.   My favorite line from the song is: 
      1. "Close your eyes and listen close I know just how much you love it
        If you speak you lose your turn so shut your mouth before I fuck it
  2. Queen for Queen
  3. Necessary Evil
    1. Featuring Jonathan Davis from Korn, this is the 2nd song I started to like off the album.  I love the lyrics.  Even if I'm zoned out while driving, I have to sing-song the "Mean Girls" reference:  "Reciting violence like poetry, no, you can't sit with us"  Super catchy.
  4. Soft
    1. one of the ones I skip over often
  5. Untouchable
  6. Not my Type: Dead as Fuck 2 - This is probably my favorite song off the album, pretty NSFW, but damn catchy lyrics!  It very much makes me think of "It's Black Friday" with this verse: 
      1. "She's got a temper in stock, made of Hemlock.  Uses absinthe as a lip gloss.  Deathhawk, fresh new rocks.  She'll use your corpse as a catwalk!"
  7. Ladder - I skip this song because it pisses me off and kills my eardums. The intro is a woman talking softly, followed by a loud af metal lead in after I have turned my stereo volume up to try and hear what the woman is saying.  So yeah, not a fan.
  8. Voices - If they didn't mean for it to happen, then it definitely sounds like this was ripped straight from Linkin Park.  No offense, because I do like the song, but the music is insanely close to LP's "In the End."
  9. Loud (Fuck It) - This is the song we originally got the album for, immediately falling in love with the anthem and the seemingly simple & to-the-point black and white video.
  10. 570 - I don't like this one because it's a bit too heavy for me, not a huge fan
  11. Hourglass - One of the slower songs on the album that I have come to enjoy while driving, but I won't specifically turn to it.
  12. Eternally Yours - Another one that I enjoyed even before we got the physical album, pretty much played to death on my Spotify playlist as well.  One of these days, I kinda wanna get an "eternally yours" tattoo in super scripty font.



All in all, one of my absolute favorite albums of all time, right up there with "Wretched and Divine."
It is best enjoyed with the windows down and your stereo turned up to 11, you won't regret it.  I've placed plenty of links for your enjoyment.  Like to some of the other artists I mentioned, as well as a link to buy the physical album for yourself. 


I'm off to bed guys, hope you enjoy your weekend, and Happy Friday the 13th.  American Satan is now out in theaters.  Unfortunately, it's not too close to me.  But, I can't wait to see it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog