BVB Review: Set the World on Fire, 2011



Set the World on Fire is the 2nd studio album from Black Veil Brides, and the first album with “CC” (Christian Coma) on Drums.  The album was released on June 14, 2011.  The first single released off the album was “Fallen Angels,”  very much an ode to the classic glam rock of KISS and Motley Crue.


A few of my other favorites include “God Bless You” and “Rebel Love Song,” Which one AP’s music video of the year in 2011! Rebel Love Song, the anthem of a small town kid, dreaming of getting out.  Hitting home with me right now as I set my sights on Las Vegas.


Another unexpected favorite for me is “Savior” I originally skipped over the song because it is a slower one.
There are few words that I can muster to describe this song, except “everything I wish someone had told me at 14.” Jinxx has a violin solo near the end of the song, which is a beautiful addition. Honestly, so without too much commentary, I’m going to share the lyrics for you guys, as well as link to the song here:


I never meant to be the one Who kept you from the dark 
But now I know my wounds are sewn Because of who you are I will take this burden on And become the holy one But remember I am human And I'm bound to sing this song
So hear my voice remind you not to bleed I'm here,
Saviour will be there When you are feeling alone, oh A saviour for all that you do So you live freely without their harm
So here I write my lullaby To all the lonely ones Remember as you learn to try To be the one you love So I can take this pen And teach you how to live What is left unsaid The greatest gift I give
[Chorus]
When I hear your cries Praying for light I will be there
When I hear your cries Praying for life I will be there
I will fight! I will always be there!
I will fight!




The last track on the album is “Youth and Whisky,”  which is the song I originally bought the album for.  The album as a whole, it seems, is moving from the screamo metalcore of "We Stich These Wounds" and making a pit stop at "Glam Rock" before coming to the post-apocalyptic hard rock that we hear in "Wretched and Divine" and the more hard rock/metal of the fourth album.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog