Snack Attack: Toffifay Review


I’ve been seeing the enticing commercial for the candy “Toffifay,” this European-looking delicate little caramel-hazelnut ball.


After doing a bit of research it looks like Toffifay is owned by a company called “Storck,” which also produces some of my favorite brands: Werther’s Original, Merci, Mamba Fruit Chews, and Riesen.
The candies, which remind me of Ferrero Rocher, come 4 to a package.
Wrapper describes them as “A whole hazelnut | Caramel | Hazelnut Cream | Chocolate”


First impressions:  I do love the package tray that they come in.  Being gold and white, it looks a bit like a gift. They were sitting flush in the gold plastic insert, which made it  fairly difficult to remove them.  I got this particular pack for $0.98 cents at a Walmart.


They were cute little bites, but boring.


The hazelnut was flavorful, thankfully, because the cream was bland, and the chewy soft caramel shell had a nice texture, but left a less than appealing aftertaste.


All-in-all… ⅖ bats? They were initially decent, and didn’t make me want to spit them out. But, I probably wouldn’t buy again, even for $.98.  I will stick with the original hazelnut deliciousness that is the Ferrero Rocher.


So there’s my “snack attack” of the week, might be trying some of the new candies at work, we’re rolling out some new Oreo & Hershey products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog