Basic Bitch Goths?

So, I work a third shift job where I have a mundane black & blue uniform.  I’d be much, much happier in normal clothes but, meh.  I still wear my hair, makeup and accessories as normal which means excessive eyeliner, bracelets, and “Halloween” aka now everyday pins, buttons, etc.  


Lately, I’ve been getting some funny looks with my black coffin nails clutching a pumpkin spice latte at 4am like it’s literally “my precious”


...I need my caffeine, and what better way to get it.   Honestly, when I saw the PSL bottles come out, I bought four (4!).  


Anyway, it’s not that I’m not used to getting weird looks but, shit, get a life. You can be Goth and still a basic bitch...right?


Which brings me to another point brought about by “Goths like Starbucks?” and hundreds of Google searches along the lines of “Am I still Goth if I….,”  “Can I still ______ if I want to be Goth?”  


Um, duh! While there is a stereotypical portrayal of the Goth subculture, it’s still just one stereotype.
The whole point of Goth is to be exactly who you are.  You don’t have to start out affording Demonia shoes, I’m still DYING to get my hands on a pair.  If you shell out hundreds of dollars on some goth-in-a-box hot topic garb, it does lose a bit of nostalgia, but it still doesn’t make you any less goth than the rest of us.  Who are we to judge our own?


So you can’t master perfect It’s Black Friday-esque eyeliner, who cares!  I’m pretty sure she has some awesome witchcraft involved in that anyway.   You don’t turn 13 and get a set of magical powers with your Goth card...Well, unless your bestfriend is a witch trying to control the weather (and guide the popular bitches into a trashcan), but you guys don’t get to meet her until later.


Well, that’s all the rant I have for you guys today, getting ready to head into work, and according to Christian conspiracy theorists, the stars are going to align and end the world tomorrow so, good luck and all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog