Our Ship is Leaving the Harbor


My ship has been safe in its harbor for far too long, I long to venture out. My resolution, that for once in my life I am sticking to, is to just: Do.
Miss Motionless, circa 2011
Pigeon Forge, TN
 rocking a Manson/Twiggy Ramirez T-shirt 

Screw losing weight, or trying to become a better person. Why look good and act right for other people if I, myself, am unhappy?

October is probably my most booked month of the year as far as taking "me" days and making it clear that family and friend outings at this time are more important to me. Especially getting to go and do as much as we can with our mother while she is feeling well, going into this second round of chemotherapy.


So yeah, we're very over due for a runaway weekend. Thankfully, the stars have aligned to make all that possible for our small army of 6. The "Kinder Crew" is delighted to be getting out of this frustrating town.

We'll be out & about in both Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Personally, I'm hoping to revisit some nostalgic favorites like the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen & The Candle Cottage...Though, after the large wildfire, we're not too sure how much is left of the city and sights.
(Tennessee Highway Patrol/Twitter)


I've been back and forth to Gatlinburg a lot since I was a kid. Before I met my stepdad, most of our trips would end with us getting lost, and my parents fighting about it. A few of them were pleasant, I suppose, but honestly the bad caused me to block out so much of my childhood. So much so, that I am thankful for pictures. But again, I digress.

That's this weekend, then, once we get back on Monday morning, we'll be headed back to Tennessee again on Wednesday the 4th. My sister & I have VIP tickets to Falling in Reverse, All that Remains at the Marathon Music Works.

In honor of such, next week's post will feature some Falling in Reverse content, as well as pictures and such from the show.

While I've got your attention, I want to let you know that the About section has been rightfully updated, with a little more structure and information. We have also added direct links to our social sites to make everything a bit easier to follow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog